How To Whiten Skin Naturally & Fast at Home
Skin Lightening (Whitening) Remedies And Treatments
A flawless skin remains only a dream, given our hectic lifestyle. To add to that, many other factors like pollution, harmful UV rays from the sun, stress, and improper diet can damage your skin further and give you an imbalanced skin tone. If this wasn’t enough, many of the cosmetic products available in the market these days contain harmful chemicals and additives that cause additional damage to your skin instead of making it healthy and glowing.
We present to you, 5 different skin whitening tips, which will light up your skin like never before.
The acidic property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin and the high amount of vitamin C in them encourages new cell growth. Also, lemons have antioxidants that are very good for skin complexion.
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly on your face. You can even rub a cut lemon directly over the affected skin and allow the juice to stick to the skin. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water. Do this once daily. This simple remedy will surely lighten your skin complexion and can also prevent the development of scars on your face.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the skin and leave it on for half an hour. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, mix together one teaspoon each of lemon juice, powdered milk and honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this daily or every other day.
Note: When using these remedies, be sure there are no open wounds on your skin. The acidic nature of lemon juice can cause pain in open wounds. Also, lemon juice may not be suitable for sensitive skin or if you are allergic to lemons.
2 Yogurt honey mask.
Like milk, yogurt contains enzymes that can gently lighten skin. Honey has moisturizing and antibacterial properties. Together, the two ingredients make a nourishing mask. Mix one part honey and one part yogurt, then spread the mixture on your face and body. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it away with warm water.
- Be sure to use plain, unsweetened yogurt. Sugary or flavored yogurt will get too sticky.
- In place of honey, try mashing up an avocado or using aloe instead. Both ingredients have a wonderful moisturizing effect.
These are rich in vitamin C which is great for the development of the skin as well as its health. Tomato juice also contains bleaching properties and can be used to lighten dark skin naturally. This makes it quite effective for skin lightening. It is also acidic in nature and can help in balancing the pH of the skin. Antioxidants found in it help to fight off free radicals which can be a contributing factor to the darkening of the skin. There are many ways through which tomatoes can be used for dark skin lightening. We sample some below.
- Cut some fresh tomatoes into circles and place the slices on the skin to be lightened. You could also rub the slices on the skin. Leave the juice to dry on the skin after which you wash it off. You could also grate the tomato to extract its pulp. Apply this on the skin and leave it to dry after which you wash it off.
- You could also mix tomato juice with butter milk, lemon juice or avocado with it. Mash the ingredients together and apply the resulting mask on the skin. Leave the treatment on the skin for 30 minutes before washing it off.
4 Gram flour
This is also one of the best remedies, you may have ever stumbled upon. Not only will it lighten your complexion, but also will keep blackheads at bay. It removes excess oils smartly, and leaves behind just enough oil to keep the skin moist. Make a fine paste out of two tablespoons of gram flour and some rose water. Add in rose water until thick paste is formed. Later rub this all over your face and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing off. It is advisable that you repeat this at least thrice in a week.
5 Aloe Vera
A compound named Aloesin in aloe vera will regulate the production of melanin on the skin and will brighten, soften, and improve your skin effectively. Follow this treatment; you will know how to whiten skin easily and cheaply at home:
- You get a spoon, a knife, and aloe vera leaves.
- Now, you cut the edges of aloe vera leave with the knife.
- Get aloe vera gel with a spoon.
- Apply the gel on dark skin.
- Apply this treatment twice per day within a month; you will reduce blemishes and scars dramatically.